因为最近在交换期间, 每天都会接触到比较多的新的单词, 就想找个地方可以记录一下. 这里会记录的比较零碎, 每天在各个地方看到的单词.
也是想着有的时候自己就在玩手机, 但又不知道看些什么, 那么就可以打开这个页面来看一下一些自己记录的单词.
- dialect, 方言: some English dialect
- twitter, 鸣叫: the birds twitter
- escalate, 大量的上升: the problems will be escalated beyond control
- faulty, 有缺陷的
- harassment, 骚扰: Calling someone on the phone repeatedly and saying mean things is an example of harassment.
- approachable, 平易近人的
- vigilant, 警惕的: The guard dog is very vigilant.
- idiom, 成语: English idioms
- shovel, 铲子, 铲: shovel the drive way/ shovel knight (铲子骑士)
- glove, 手套
- mitten, 手套(a glove with two sections, one for the thumb and the other for all four fingers.): put on my hat, mittens and scarf, then zipper the jacket
- kindergarten, 幼儿园
- national anthem, 国歌: stand out for the National anthem
- recess, 放假 (下课后): the students have recess
- carpet, 地毯: sit on the carpet
- tulip, 郁金香
- weed, 杂草: kill the weeds everyday, and kill the insects that eat the flowers
- repellent, 驱虫剂: insect repellant
- tent, 帐篷: they bring a big tent
- peel, remove the outer covering or skin from (a fruit, vegetable, or prawn): peel the potatoes and carrots
- roast, 烤: roast marshmallow(棉花糖)
- canoe, 独木舟: go canoeing
- hummingbird, 蜂鸟
- raccoon, 浣熊: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (生化危机, 浣熊市行动)
- bathtub: clean out the bathtub
- closet: 壁橱(衣柜)
- backyard: 后院
- basement: 地下室
- lend, 借出: His father lends him the money.
- borrow, 借: Can I borrow this pencil.
- bunny, 小兔子: chocolate bunnies
- kitten, 小猫咪: This cat cannot have kittens for it is fixed.
- league, 联盟: the football league
- lift weights, 举重
- fur, 动物毛 / feather, 羽毛
- scratch, 抓: scratch the ear
- cottage, a small house, typically one in the country: a hoilday cottage
- a private room or compartment on a ship.
- a small wooden shelter or house in a wild or remote area.
- garbage bag
pile, a heap of things laid or lying one on top of another:
- pile the book
- You cannot let the dishes pile up in the kitchen.
- scary, frightening: causing fear: I am going to be scary.
- wand, a long, thin stick or rod (a fishing rod): a princess wand
- veil, a piece of fine material worn by women to protect or conceal the face: put on the veil
- stair, a set of steps leading from one floor of a building to another, typically inside the building: run down stairs
- wrapping paper, strong or decorative paper for wrapping parcels or presents.
- grocery, a grocer's shop or business: We need to buy groceries and put them away.
- fine, dry powder consisting of tiny particles of earth or waste matter lying on the ground or on surfaces or carried in the air.
- remove the dust or dirt from the surface of (something) by wiping or brushing it.
- dust the furniture
- chores, a routine task, especially a household one: household chores takes up a alot of time.
- lawn, an area of short, regularly mown grass in the garden of a house or park: cut the lawn
- trim, make (something) neat: trim the tree